Starting Primary School is a significant milestone for both children and their Parents.
A child’s Pre-School provider can have a significant role in preparing them for school. For example, through encouraging independence, laying the foundations for learning, and developing confidence with other children.
To us, “school ready” means that the children are ready to make a smooth transition to the next and exciting phase of their education – that they stay happy and confident in their learning and build their independence skills accordingly. We want to ensure that the children are as ready as possible for the transition to school, which is why already being part of the primary school is so important and beneficial.
Children in our setting leave us to go on to various local Primary Schools, but the majority of our children move onto Fenstanton and Hilton Primary School.
Our close relationship with the school enables us to offer our children the opportunity to spend time in all areas of the school. This increases familiarity and aids the transition to Reception.
We are fortunate to be able to offer-
- Weekly PE lessons in the school hall
- Weekly visits to the School library
- Attendance of school assemblies
- Continuity of letters and sounds
- Forest School sessions using the school grounds
- School lunches with Reception and KS1 children
- The ability to pass on our Tapestry records to the school, as they also use the software in Reception
- Frequent visits from the Reception Teachers into our setting