Across all year groups scientific knowledge and skills should be learned by working scientifically. (This is documented in the Essentials for progress section.)
- Look at the function of parts of flowering plants, requirements of growth, water transportation in plants, life cycles and seed dispersal.
Evolution and inheritance
- Look at resemblance in offspring.
- Look at changes in animals over time.
- Look at adaptation to environments.
- Look at differences in offspring.
- Look at adaptation and evolution.
- Look at changes to the human skeleton over time.
Animals and humans
- Look at nutrition, transportation of water and nutrients in the body, the muscle and skeleton system of humans and animals.
- Look at the digestive system in humans.
- Look at teeth.
- Look at the human circulatory system.
All living things
- Identify and name plants and animals
- Look at classification keys.
- Look at the life cycle of animals and plants.
- Look at classification of plants, animals and micro organisms.
- Look at reproduction in plants and animals, and human growth and changes. • Look at the effect of diet and exercise and drugs.
Rocks and fossils
- Compare and group rocks and describe the formation of fossils.