Free School Meals for Families Receiving Benefits
Free School Meals Eligibility - Pupil Premium Funding
Application for Free School Meals (Pupil Premium Funding) should be completed if you are currently receiving any of the Family Income and Benefits listed below. Pupil Premium Funding as it is known, is paid to your child's school who can use this additional money to help support both your child with their learning and progress plus the school can provide financial assistance following a parental discussion with the Headteacher.
Children are entitled to receive free school meals if they or their parents or guardians receive any of the benefits below.
• Universal Credit, provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The guarantee element of Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC
• Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Please note: Families in receipt of Working Tax Credit are not eligible for Pupil Premium Free School Meals
Funding applies for all pupils irrespective of year group. Please find the form on the website within the Parents Section under 'Documents & Useful Information', complete and return the form to the school office asap. Alternatively, applications are processed quicker if you can apply direct with Education Welfare online: http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals (see link),https://www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals or obtain an application form from the school office.